Blud…Phatty is a God amongst insects. I haven’t known you for hella long, but I have a stupendous amount of respect for you and what you are trying to accomplish with your talents and intelligence. From your fresh ta def selektah grooves to your politics, I see in you someone I can call an ally in a country/world, hell-bent on individuality, selfishness and escaping from oppression, by turning into an oppressor. You are someone who refuses the labels Amerika puts on us as Asian Pacific Amerikans, and speaks to and for us through your music and voice on public radio. You deny neither your privilege nor your oppression and are an inspiration to young people of color, as a young adult elder and an educator.Not unlike Baron Davis, you are leaving us for the glamour and glitz of the City of Angels. =P I’m not mad at either of you, and will continue to love and respect ya’ll like its mah got-dam job. I appreciate deeply, the love & support you’ve shown for my/Jeimil’s art, from hosting us on the radio show to throwing us on “Asian American Hip-Hop for Dummies." I really wish we coulda had more convos about race, class, gender, hip-hop and the war-torn, beautiful, ugly, utopia of a calamitous world that we live in, but all this means is that I’ma have yet another reason to make road trips down to SoCal (I got a ton of friends down there who complain that I never visit them). I wish you nothing but the best in your LAdventures and know that our paths will cross again (hopefully sooner rather than later). Thank you again for DJing me n Em’s wedding reception and I am super sorry that your radio was stolen =(. I hope our union isn’t forever tied to the memory of this theft in the future. =T
You are a King homie. Don’t let any1 tell you different and if they do, tell ’em like that boy Beau Sia say: “Asian men are hung like horses.” 'Yee' ^ 1800. You can take Phatty out tha Bay but... (you know the rest cuzcuz).
Peace & a plethora of blessings in your journey DJ Phatrick.
Your brother in arms,
Colin ‘senbei’ Ehara
No comments:
Post a Comment