Monday, August 25, 2008

Thanks for everything, Phatty-Phat-Phat.

What's up Pat. Phat. Phatty.

I have to say that I'm really going to miss you, and that you are one of the few great people in the Bay that I really, really...i mean really...hella get along with. It's just too bad that we only started kickin it more this past year. I remember back in the day where I used to hire you and Kiwi for our AYPAL block parties and rallies, and the youth thought you looked like Dario. HA!

Here's some other random memories for your scrapbook. Enjoy.



Our wasabi eating context. You got 2nd place. Here you are, next to your ribbon and your wasabi on a piece of nori (seaweed).



Our weekly Monday Night Art nights...with a homemade Joy Liu dinner and some music...art making, and a lot of artists nerding out in our living room. This includes laptop-music-making and some scrabble playing. Oh yeah, and some tu-tu making.



AYPAL Winter Snow Trip Social 2008 -- Thanks for being our guest Emcee and Judge for the open mic teams. Remember the snow fight in front of the hotel, the lip-synching contest, and the sledding the next day...



And of course, camping with AYPAL OASES at Del Valle in Livermore. Ohhh mang, too many good times...Remember that dinner we had to do in the dark? You guys were HELLA proud of your gourmet menu of rice, ribs, grilled vegetables and corn. And of course the non-stop SPOONS games with some rowdy-ass truth or dare consequences...I remember watching y'all play that game in the lake where you had to tag the person in the middle of the circle...you were "it" so you went under the water and tried to tag someone by getting through Hai's legs, but your head got stuck between his knee caps -- "It felt like Hai was giving birth to me." Alan getting "errock-tic" with everyone in the lake, and I told you that I think I mighta farted on your neck during a game of "chicken" in the water. HA!



ANYWAY, I wish you the best of luck in LA because you're gonna need it, SUCKA! Go ahead and raise some kids in LA, or should I say San Gabriel or Monterey Park! I hope you have a good time in that suburban-sprawl punk-ass hollywood-ass glamour piece of shiet city that's going to turn into an apocalyptic desert when the water wars hit the world.

Just kidding.

Anyway. I really do wish you the best, and know that you always have a couch or two to sleep on when you come back to the bay. I appreciate our long, good talks about music...about bay folks, or whatevas...men who get out of prison and write essays on Craiglist.org. Like I said, the best folks to kick it with are the ones that you can do anything with...you don't need to have an organized 'event' or dinner to facilitate the conversation...you can just be kickin it in the same space, chillin and talking about whatever comes to mind. I was trying to think back to how we got to be folks like that and I couldn't even remember because it just happened. Being friends with you just seemed like a natural progression of sorts. I appreciate that about you.

Just know that I truly believe that you're hella talented, down-to-earth, and just good peoples. Your passion for music and for working with youth in Oakland just inspires everyone else to just DO more and excel in whatever they take on. You do a lot. You're hella giving. You're a good friend. You're the fuckin bomb. We're really gonna miss you in the Yay.

And I know you' ll make the trek back to the Bay once in a while to visit, so come back for another art night sesh whenever you hit Oakland. I'll make sure to hit you up when I make my bi-annual trip down to Lala. You can help me practice my Mandarin (lack of) skills.

Oh yeah. Shanghai Xiao Chi! We gotta go back.

We love Phatty.

Peace homie.

XOxo,
Tiffany

No comments: